Plumbing CoC Certificate of Compliance

Get your plumbing CoC today!

Plumbing CoC certificates (Plumbing Industry Registration Board (Pirb) Certificate of Compliance (C.O.C) are required in many areas when selling a property or installing new specialised plumbing equipment such as solar geysers.

We have qualified plumbers in all main areas such as Midrand, Cape Town, Centurion plumbers.

We inspect properties and offer affordable and qualified Plumbing CoC’s. To book your inspection and get your free quote fill in the form or give us a call today. 

As qualified plumbers, we are registered to provide plumbing CoC’s according to the municipal regulations. Should there be any work required to fix plumbing problems that are found on inspection we can help you with a full quote.

  • Our price includes an inspection of the plumbing installation as well as the issuing of a Certificate of Compliance taken into account that the installation complies to the applicable SANS standards.
  • Should it be required, a free quote will be given for installations that do not comply in order to get them up to standard where after a COC will be issued.


What Should You Know About Plumbing Certificates For Your Home?

The majority of people will only need to obtain Certificates of Compliance (COC) once or twice in their lives, usually when they sell their properties. 

Why do you need a Plumbing Certificate?

It certifies that the property’s water installation complies with municipal and construction codes, and it implemented water conservation and demand management techniques to ensure the supply of water to users is sustainable. 

What do they check during a Plumbing inspection?

One of the main goals of the Water Installation Certificate (Plumbing Certificate) is to prevent water waste, such as leaks or leaky taps in supply pipes or systems that result in unintended and uncontrolled usage.

The act of turning on the tap is seen as purposeful usage. The Plumbing Certificate does not cover the purpose for which the water is utilized or the subsequent disposal of the used water.

The certificate does not cover any fittings, fixtures, or appliances that are connected to or put under the tap or supply source. A Certificate can be granted for the supply pipes, the wall stop tap, and the main tap above the sink as long as there are no leaks in the system and all of the components are correctly and securely placed.

  • The sink itself, as well as any disposal pipes running to the exterior, are not included in the Plumbing Certificate, these items may be obstructed, broken and leaking, or even absent, and this will have no bearing on the Plumbing Certificate’s validity.
  • There are currently just seven inspections performed during the “Plumbing” examination; the seller cannot be required to correct plumbing concerns beyond those listed below.
  • The Hot Water Cylinder is plumbed correctly and complies with SANS 10252 and 10254, PRV of the correct value, vacuum breakers correctly installed, emergency overflow installed with a metallic pipe, all overflow to be plumbed to the outside and discharge to atmosphere.
  • The water meter registers when a tap is open and stops completely when all taps are closed. If there is movement on the meter with all taps closed, this points to a leak somewhere on the property.
  • No stormwater is discharged into the sewerage system.
  • There is no cross-connection between the drinkable water supply and any greywater system which may be installed.
  • The private isolating valve is in place and functioning.
  • The water pipes in the plumbing installation are properly saddled.
  • None of the terminal water fittings leak, when they are in the OFF position, and they are correctly fixed in position.

Plumbing issues that Certificate of Compliance (CoC) does not cover.

  • Clogged drains:  Blocked drains on your property, this is treated as a routine maintenance issue rather than a certificate issue.
  • Only when the tap is turned off does the inspector look for leaks in the primary supply system, which runs from the water meter to the tap. They don’t inspect the pipes leading from your shower, bath, kitchen, or bathroom sinks to the outside drain; if these pipes leak, it’s deemed routine maintenance, not a certificate issue, even if it causes damage by seeping into a kitchen or bathroom closet or beneath the floor.
  • Water pressure is insufficient. Consult your supply authorities on this.
  • Water discoloration or odor, water quality It might be corrosion in your pipes or geyser, or it could be a result of a leak outside your home.
  • Fittings are in bad shape, with chips, cracks, or discoloration in bathtubs, sinks, showers, or toilets.
  • Appliance fittings or connections that leak when the power is turned on. The Plumbing Certificate does not cover the connection to washing machines, dishwashers, or other appliances as long as the tap is not leaking in the off position.
  • Irrigation systems and swimming pool construction are two examples. In most cases, appliances and their connections are not covered by the Plumbing Certificate. It is a maintenance concern if your swimming pool or irrigation system leaks while in operation.
  • Taps or fittings that aren’t connected to the rest of the system. We can’t force the seller to upgrade the plumbing installation if we find a tap or other fixture that isn’t connected to the water supply.
  • There is no hot or cold water in rooms where you would expect both. The plumbing certificate is not intended to upgrade the plumbing installation. On rare occasions, inspectors stumble to find a home with only cold or hot water in the kitchen or bathroom. They can’t force the seller to improve the installation as long as what’s there is compatible.
  • Pipes become clogged with air. When the water supply has been turned off for an extended period, simply open the taps in the house and run them until the air has worked its way out of the system.

Who has the authority to issue a “Plumbing Certificate”?

The hot water cylinder must be certified to comply with SANS 10252 and 10254 by a plumber who is appropriately qualified and accredited in terms of the South African Qualifications Authority.

Within five working days following the completion of the plumbing work, a plumbing CoC is granted. Compliance certifications can only be purchased and issued by a professional plumber.